Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's the Holiday Season.


My FAVORITE time of year. I love when Fall hits because it the prelude of the holidays to come. It starts with Halloween which is MORE fun when you have the little ones who get excited about running door to door. Then it goes into Thanksgiving where you can eat till you pass out. Then for the Finale! CHRISTMAS!

I think my love for Christmas comes from my Grandma. She ALWAYS loved Christmas and made sure everyone got something they really wanted. I can always remember not being able to reach the Christmas Tree because she packed the room with presents. There was almost always no room to sit too. She always had the sweet smile and a twinkle in her eye watching us open our gifts. I miss those Christmas' with Grandma very much.

Now she has passed on that love to me. I can't get enough of Christmas. I start listening to Christmas music as soon as I can. in fact I'm listening to it now. I enjoy making the sugar cookies and having my boys help me make them. I always find crafts we can do together. I take the boys out with a bag of popcorn and cruise the streets as we look at Christmas lights around town. The Christmas parade is COLD but so worth watching. Not because it is the BEST but because it only brings that Christmas spirit closer. I think my decorations for Christmas out way all other seasons by a landslide. I have to stop the urge to put up the Tree too early. Good thing john is here to tame me a bit.

And for your fun I have a few fun links for you to enjoy.

CHRISTMAS CRAFTS
http://www.recipezaar.com/Ornament-and-Handprint-Clay-155960
http://www.christmascarnivals.com/crafts/christmas-arts-crafts-ideas.html
http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/glittery-window-clings-674868/
Simple Cinnamon Ornaments

Here is a great recipe for homemade ornaments! They do require some time in the oven, but otherwise it's a pretty simple process and the result is worth the time.

6 T. applesauce
10 T. cinnamon

Mix ingredients to form a ball- if sticky or wet add more cinnamon- sprinkle cutting board with cinnamon- roll dough to 1/2"- use cookie cutters to make shapes- poke hole in top for hanging. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs. then turn oven off and continue to bake for 2-3 hrs. more. Use as ornaments or gift toppers.
Bernadette

SANTA'S LETTER
http://www.freelettersfromsantaclaus.com/ecard_1.asp

GIFTS ON A BUDGET:
http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/money/63giftsunder10dollars.htm


REMEMBER to take in EVERY moment this Holiday Season. Love you Family and enjoy the time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment