Monday, March 30, 2009

Hey you hurt my "grown-up" feelings

Sometimes you bend over backwards to help someone out, putting yourself out there without expecting much in return. That same thing has happened to me often, but hey I still do it. I get a joy in seeing someone smile and knowing they really do enjoy knowing someone cares. Even if it is just the door that needs held open for the lady juggling her groceries and the toddler screaming. The only thing I ask for is at least appreciate my time I have set aside to help them. I wonder if anyone ever feels like I do. That some people are just takers and never the givers. I just wish that that we all could look beyond the "me, me me" and think about "you". It's kind of like the movie Pay It Forward with Haley Joel Osment. I truly believe that if everyone thought like that, then maybe we wouldn't all be such selfish A-Holes.

1 comment: